Dec 25, 2012

Finally - the dollhouse is ready

Finally the doll house is ready! In the end I decided to go for a book shelf and decorate it with Marimekko paper to arrange different rooms. I bought the kitchen, the bathroom, the baby room and the dolls from Lundby. But I must say I am a bit disappointed. They are not very sturdy. The mother doll is already broken. For a kids toy this is not a very good start. The bedroom interior is from Muji. And the bedlinen made by myself from Marimekko fabric (I love their bold patterns). I also used several mini designer chairs (you can get them at the Page One book shop here in Hong Kong). Last not least I have sewn a leather sofa and created a table out of a piece of wooden flooring sample and clothes pegs. Coasters are serving as rugs. My daughter got it for Christmas and loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...